Hi, hey, hello! I’m working on a few more in depth entries but for today I decided to share my quick and very tasty guacamole recipe with you all. I make this all the time and everyone loves it.
- 3 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Corn chips (for dipping)
- Scoop out your ripe avocados into a medium sized bowl. Make sure they are ripe enough to mash.
- Cut up the onion, slightly chunky. Normally I cut half first to see how much I need then I always end up adding 3/4 of the onion. It’s really up to individual taste.
- Cut up tomatoes, chunky and add to the bowl.
- Mix/mash ingredients together and then add a squeeze of lemon juice (be sure to catch the pips!) and the salt/pepper.
- Taste. Make sure the ratios are right. Then serve with your favourite corn chips or plain crackers.
If you prefer a kick you could add some Mexican seasoning or if you prefer less onion taste I have added spring onion in the past to make it more mild. Have fun with this basic recipe, it’s really like a base and then you can add whatever you like!
Let me know if you try this! Or if you add more of your own flavours.
Until next time. Talk soon x
Hi, hey, hello! Today I thought I’d give you all a little life update. How have you all been? Lots of things have gone on lately but at the same time it feels like nothing is happening.
I have been working on my health of course. I’ve been exercising more and making a conscious effort to eat better/less (portion control) It’s not always easy and it’s not something I can do everyday because my motivation is fleeting. Which can be very frustrating and defeating. I always feel better after making better health choices and I think that’s what keeps me feeling motivated most days. It’s always been an uphill battle and I am willing and prepared to do the work I need to, to get up said hill. It would be cool to have a workout buddy or someone who will supportively push me, I’m definitely not one of those people who respond to yelling or negative instructions, to be perfectly honest if someone tells me I need to do something (anything) it makes me want to not do it or take as long as possible to do it! I guess I’m just stubborn in that regard (lol)
I have been feeling a bit up and down in regard to my anxiety but that’s normal for me. Good days, bad days and those weird in between days. With my mum’s death anniversary coming up it’s a struggle but I’m sure everything will be ok.
Making “grown up” choices has always been difficult for me because I overthink everything. I can’t do that because it’ll make this person feel bad or I won’t get to do this if I choose that etc It was always such a cycle of overthinking and ignoring my gut feelings. Lately I’ve been ignoring my inner critic and listening to my intuition! I know, finally right? I can’t keep justifying making choices to make other people happy and leaving myself miserable for it. I can’t sit around while people walk all over me because I’m an easy target. Feeling like a “subpar adult” isn’t something I want anymore. You know how most 20-something’s don’t feel like grown ups because there is always someone more grown up than you to fix things? I don’t want to be like that anymore. I want to take control of my life, my time, my reactions. Learning to trust myself and my gut & knowing that it’s OK to make MISTAKES because that’s how we learn in life. It’s an age old theory and my mother drilled it into me but I guess it went in one ear and out the other! I can feel myself changing, I can feel myself deciding that “not every action needs a REACTION” and that it’s ok to speak up for yourself and DEMAND respect as an equal as a human being, not a scared little half grown up who will just agree to keep the peace (lol)
I am still on the job hunt. In a town with one of the highest unemployment rates it’s very difficult but I am positive that something will come my way soon! I’d love to be able to make money blogging but that’s a bit of a goal for the future I think. I’ve been tossing up between a lot of things as far as career paths go. It’s difficult when there are a lot of ideas and you have to try and decide which is best. It just ties back into trusting my gut and trying something new.
How is everyone reading this doing? What’s been happening in your world?
My 3 gratefuls are:
- I’m grateful for my constant positive inspirations. Whether it’s a person or a song or artwork. I may not always notice them but I know they’re there. I am grateful for those things for keeping me going.
- I’m grateful for my sisters. I’m such a hard time coming up, I am so thankful that I have them to help guide me and love me.
- I’m grateful for my home, my health, fresh water, clean and warm clothes, for the money I have in my bank. I’m grateful for the material things I have. I never take these things for granted.
I hope you’re all enjoying your day/night wherever you may be. I love catching up with everyone and having a bit more of a chill entry.
Until next time, talk soon x
Hi, hey, hello everyone! As voted for on my Twitter this entry is focused on my exercise routine! I am in the process of getting referred to an exercise physiologist and dietitian to really make sure I am on the right track to getting healthy. I don’t do anything extreme or strenuous as I have been advised to take it slow and easy. I do experience swelling in my legs and joint pain when exercising so I don’t do anything to make that worse.
For my legs I normally do 20 squats, 20 lunges, 20 jumping jacks and repeat 2-3 times. Then I do 20 minutes of stretching or simple yoga. As I said I don’t go too extreme as I don’t want to aggravate my swelling or joint pains.
For my arms I tend to fill up a 700ml water bottle or use a 1KG bag of rice to lift behind my head for 8-12 counts, then I do the same with some arm curls and also lift above my head. I repeat this 2 times because my arms aren’t that strong so I’m working on that.
I like to go for walks in the afternoon if I can. I go around the block which is typically 1-3km depending where I go.
Easing into this is easiest for me because I’m not used to doing exercise. I’m not used to intense physical activity and I really want to avoid injury.
I hope to share a proper routine with you all once I’ve seen the exercise physiologist sometime in June/July so I can be more focused on specific things because at the moment I’m just kind of making it up as I go.
It doesn’t seem like a lot and it’s not but I’m trying and I think that’s what’s important. As long as I keep moving! Please don’t hesitate to give me some tips, tricks or suggestions! I’d love to hear from you guys in the comments.
My gratefuls for today are:
- I’m grateful for my home. It’s not much but it’s mine. It shelters me, keeps me warm and safe.
- I’m grateful for my friend and family who make me feel loved and understood. They make effort to keep me involved in their lives and that’s important.
- I’m grateful for the money I have to pay bills, buy food and experience different things. I’ve always got enough and it’s something I never take for granted.
Until next time! Talk soon x