Back from the dead as they say although after what I’ve been through in the last 12-18 months comparing anything to being dead seems insensitive to myself and probably a whole bunch of other people.
I lay here at 2:10am writing this entry because I want to post regularly again. I need to be creative and to write again. Not just write but read and contribute to the commentary that is on social media and that is the unusual life we lead in 2019.
I have so many things to say whether they’re sane or not, make sense or not or even matter to anyone but me. So why not put them all on here and give strangers the chance to read along and judge fiercely.
As the beautifully written and sung Panic! At The Disco song goes “things have changed for me, and that’s ok.” In the last 18 months I have gone through a whole lot of changes. Mentally, physically, emotionally. More than I’d care for but it all seems necessary when you look for the bigger picture. The bigger picture is still blurry but that’s ok, I hope this year is a year for greatness and gratitude, for adventures and memories and laughing. You can’t have the good without the bad which I am quite aware of so I don’t doubt I’ll have my fair share of both.
Let all make a promise together, we (as a group) promise to create when we are happy sad mad disappointed elated disgusted triggered bright meek energised and fed up. We promise to try our best even when our best is only just holding on (or not at all) we promise to REACH OUT FOR THE HELP WE NEED and live the life we want.
Pinky promise me ok?
Until next time!
Hi, hey, hello! I’m working on a few more in depth entries but for today I decided to share my quick and very tasty guacamole recipe with you all. I make this all the time and everyone loves it.
- 3 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Corn chips (for dipping)
- Scoop out your ripe avocados into a medium sized bowl. Make sure they are ripe enough to mash.
- Cut up the onion, slightly chunky. Normally I cut half first to see how much I need then I always end up adding 3/4 of the onion. It’s really up to individual taste.
- Cut up tomatoes, chunky and add to the bowl.
- Mix/mash ingredients together and then add a squeeze of lemon juice (be sure to catch the pips!) and the salt/pepper.
- Taste. Make sure the ratios are right. Then serve with your favourite corn chips or plain crackers.
If you prefer a kick you could add some Mexican seasoning or if you prefer less onion taste I have added spring onion in the past to make it more mild. Have fun with this basic recipe, it’s really like a base and then you can add whatever you like!
Let me know if you try this! Or if you add more of your own flavours.
Until next time. Talk soon x
Hi, hey, hello! I’m sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately, I’ve been letting the stress of life and other issues get me down. It’s not productive or positive. It’s disheartening and overwhelming. I hope you can all forgive me with late entries. My mothers anniversary of her death was on the weekend and it’s generally a hard day for me, this year was the 4th year without her. It’s not something I want to dwell on physically but mentally it drains me for a while. Lots of emotions and memories all flood back you know.
I thought I’d lighten things up with an old photograph entry because they’re always a good way to share a hobby of mine and my Twitter followers always vote highly of them in my polls. These are a mix from Adelaide, Melbourne ans Brisbane. I hope you enjoy!
Thank you for viewing this entry and I hope you’ve enjoyed these! I hope to continue to share lots of my old photographs with you all. I love capturing life and as soon as I can I’ll be taking more and uploading them for you all.
My gratefuls are:
- I’m grateful for my gut instincts. For trusting in myself. It’s a journey but I am getting there.
- I am grateful for my Dad. Although I’m not sure he fully understands what mental health issues I deal with he always finds the right words of advice to give me.
- I am grateful that my rent is paid for a fortnight and my fridge/pantry are full.
Until next time. Talk soon x