Hi, hey, hello! I’m sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately, I’ve been letting the stress of life and other issues get me down. It’s not productive or positive. It’s disheartening and overwhelming. I hope you can all forgive me with late entries. My mothers anniversary of her death was on the weekend and it’s generally a hard day for me, this year was the 4th year without her. It’s not something I want to dwell on physically but mentally it drains me for a while. Lots of emotions and memories all flood back you know.
I thought I’d lighten things up with an old photograph entry because they’re always a good way to share a hobby of mine and my Twitter followers always vote highly of them in my polls. These are a mix from Adelaide, Melbourne ans Brisbane. I hope you enjoy!
Thank you for viewing this entry and I hope you’ve enjoyed these! I hope to continue to share lots of my old photographs with you all. I love capturing life and as soon as I can I’ll be taking more and uploading them for you all.
My gratefuls are:
- I’m grateful for my gut instincts. For trusting in myself. It’s a journey but I am getting there.
- I am grateful for my Dad. Although I’m not sure he fully understands what mental health issues I deal with he always finds the right words of advice to give me.
- I am grateful that my rent is paid for a fortnight and my fridge/pantry are full.
Until next time. Talk soon x
Hi, hey, hello! Today’s entry is a quick fun one. I am listing a few of my favourite things for June! (they change always but at this moment these are it!)
At the moment, and as It has my whole life music is always present and I am loving just chucking on my headphones and zoning out! After Laughter by Paramore, Harry Styles’ self titled album, Lemonade by Beyoncé are my top 3 on rotation!
I am crazy about tea. I drink it every day and am not ashamed to say I’m addicted. My favourite is English Breakfast tea with soy milk and 2 sugars. I love to try different flavours too! I’m trying to cut back on the sugars I have but I do love a sweet tea I can’t help it.
3. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Now if you know me, you know that this is my favourite movie. I watch it as much as I can. It’s just something about the songs and the Magic and message of it all that speaks to me. I am obsessed with anything Wizard of Oz themed! Whether it’s pjs from Peter Alexander which I unfortunately didn’t get or a musician who themed their album and stage show around it I cannot get enough! I even went as Dorothy Gale for my 21st dress up Halloween party.
Ok ok, who doesn’t love Kmart?! I recently got some new bedding from Kmart and it was so cheap – $24! I got a fitted sheet, doona cover and pillow cases. It’s not 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton etc but for someone who likes a bargain or is living on a budget it’s great. I love my new pink sheet and polka dot covers. They’re keeping me nice and warm in this cooler weather.
5. Zucchini Chips
I am 100% obsessed with the zucchini chips at Grill’d. I have always been a fan of Grill’d as I can get myself a gluten free/dairy free burger that tastes amazing and it relatively healthy. I always chose the normal potato chips which are delicious but recently I cannot get past their zucchini chips! They are so delicious and also gluten free! With their tomato relish I could eat them all damn day.
6. Fry’s Family Food Co.
I am not vegan or vegetarian, but I am trying to cut back on meat. They make awesome nuggets, burger patties etc that are vegan (and some gluten free products too) I have a friend who is vegan and she got me onto them. Normally Woolworths have a deal of 2 for $10 which is not bad in my eyes. They’re delicious! I can’t get enough.
Ok, yes I am obsessed with my cat. He is a 5 year old Maine Coon purebred. He is ginger and extremely fluffy. I’ve had him since he was 16 weeks old. He’s my little (big) baby! Maine Coons are one of the largest breeds of domestic cat you can have. He is currently small for his breed but is still larger than the average cat. He’s very vocal and wakes me up in the morning by meowing at me. He sleeps on the other side of my bed every night too. He’s not too exciting and sleeps a lot but I love him anyway.
So there’s my 7 favourite things at the moment. It was harder to think of than I thought it would be! What are some of your favourite things right now? Let me know in the comments!
My 3 gratefuls are:
1. I am grateful for the money in the bank. I am grateful that I can buy food and pay bills. Many people cannot and I am grateful that I can. I do not take it for granted.
2. I am grateful for warm clothes and blankets. It’s Winter in Australia and it’s cooling down. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the warm clothes I have to make me comfortable.
3. I am very grateful for my father. He is always there for me when I need him and always helps me when he can. I’d be in a whole different situation if it wasn’t for him and I can’t thank him enough.
What are you grateful for? Let me know!
Until next time. Talk soon x
Hi, hey, hello everyone! Today I have decided to do a quick 20 facts about me entry to really let you guys know who I am or rather a few unique things about me. Firstly, here are a few pictures of me!
1. My father was born in Germany so I am half Australian and half German.
2. I am 5 foot 2 (5’3 on a good day lol)
3. I have 3 older siblings.
4. My favourite colour is yellow.
5. My most favourite movie is The Wizard of Oz (1939) and I got to dress up as Dorothy for my 21st birthday!
6. I love live music and have seen almost all of my favourite bands in concert.
7. I have green eyes that change colour from dark to light depending on my mood.
8. I own a Maine Coon cat which is one of the largest domestic breeds of cat you can own.
9. I’m addicted to Lush products.
10. I have really, really small hands (one day I’ll post a comparison pic)
11. I had my poems published when I was in primary school.
12. I love watching cooking shows.
13. I love reading paperback books. Digital books just aren’t the same.
14. I’ve never been overseas.
15. 80’s & 90’s music are my favourite. Also the best to do karaoke to.
16. Speaking of karaoke, I can’t sing well but I love to a lot.
17. One Tree Hill, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Bob’s Burgers, Law & Order: SVU & The Office (USA) are my top 5 favourite tv shows.
18. I have a very new found love for make up. I love it so much & I love learning about more/new products all the time.
19. Photography has always been a passion of mine.
20. I am addicted to tea. I drink multiple cups a day.
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better. Leave me a comment with a fact or two about yourself!
Also, my 3 gratefuls for today are:
1. I am grateful for my hearing. As I sit and listen to music I realise how it effects my mood/life so profoundly.
2. I am grateful for my eldest sister for calling me this morning. We always have the best chats and I always feel empowered afterwards.
3. I am grateful for my home. For feeling safe and 100% myself here. This is my haven and I am so grateful to have it.
Until next time! Much love, talk soon x